20060917

Op Medusa

Here are some pictures of my involvement with Op Medusa.


Here I am at Patrol Base Wilson. At the moment this picture was snapped, we all heard a boom and wondered "is that ours or theirs?"


In the my post titled “Eventful Week”, I included a hero shot of me and my Info Ops NCO at a material distribution event. The picture above was taken at the same place. I am just watching the Afghans unload the truck.


Today we had our big press event with local and international media at the governors compound. Message was ISAF and the Afghan forces killed lots of Taliban and now we are going to help the people of Panjwayi in rebuilding. I am waiting in the back of the Bison we used to haul all the camera equipment and some media types (the bulk of them were in the other Bison). I pulled air sentry duty again (standing through the top hatch).

I regret not posting pictures before. The bandwidth at the PRT I was previously assigned to was anemic. The bandwidth I have access to here at Kandahar Airfield (KAF) is more robust and I put in some late nights learning how to use the picture feature of Blogger. I hope you like the pictures!

CIAO’
CPT NightHawk

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures!!

Happy Constitution Day!

And, thanks for all you have done to make sure it is another year older!!

17 September, 2006 21:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for all you are doing over in Afghanistan. How easy is it to access internet/phones for you? It looks like you've been overseas for awhile now. Thanks again for taking the time to do this blog--it's very interesting.

19 September, 2006 02:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home